What should a professional product photographer charge for each photo?

Spørgsmål/debat om studierelaterede emner; eks. produktfoto, modelfoto, portrætfoto, reflektorskærme, diffuserbokse, blitzopstillinger mv.
Besvar
mariah
Rang: Nyankommen
Rang: Nyankommen
Kamera: Cannon D1
Kontakt:
Galleri: Se brugergalleri

What should a professional product photographer charge for each photo?

Indlæg af mariah » 10 nov 2019 19:39 pm

Hi ! my name is mariah, I actually came ere to seek an answer which would really help me a lot. So recently I came up with some product which I am willing to sell and that is why I have hired a professional product photographer, he did not say anything about the money, but I have to pay him so what amount should I pay to him for 100 products ?

Brugeravatar
jakobdam
Administrator
Administrator
Kamera: Sony Alpha 7R II/7R/A900/NEX6 + KM DYNAX 5D
Geografisk sted: Skive
Kontakt:
Galleri: Se brugergalleri

Re: What should a professional product photographer charge for each photo?

Indlæg af jakobdam » 11 nov 2019 09:07 am

That depends greatly on the setup and products.

In my case, there would be a startup fee of DKK 300,-.

If we're talking physically small products that you wish only to be shot on a white/black backdrop, the price would be something like DKK 80-100,- (excl. VAT) per picture if you were my customer. Additional fee if isolation on transparent is required.

If we're talking physically larger or more complicated products that you wish to be shot in specific settings (fx. a coffee machine placed in a forest), the price would be much higher - around DKK 300 per picture, with a minimum requirement of 3 pictures.

However: If you have an agreement on price, that's what you need to pay. It's a b2b contract which legally binds you. You cannot use my prices as indicative for what others may charge - some will be cheaper, others will be more expensive. I name my prices because of the way I work and the equipment I own. Others have other work procedures and other equipment.

Besvar